About James Boyd & Sons Ltd
James Boyd & Sons (Carnmoney) Ltd. has been in constant operation since its inception in 1895. The current owners are the grandchildren of the original founder, local man James Boyd. The main siteworks operates from Mallusk, however should demand necessitate there are three other sites; Larne, Wolfhill and Dundrod that can be operated by portable plant.
The company has a fleet of thirty-four lorries including both articulated and single chassis lorries which are capable of carrying loads of up to thirty tonnes. In recent years the company has branched out with the co-operation of Biffa Waste into waste management and has one of the highest specification landfill operations in Ireland.